More Life Lessons
- Wise people listen more than they talk. We have two ears, one mouth, and a heart bigger than all of that for a reason.
- The only three questions in life you ever need ask yourself are: Does it make me happy? Do I feel good? Does it feel right? If you can answer yes to each question, do it!
- Communicate calmly when you talk to yourself and use words sparingly when you speak.
- Speak for yourself only. Talk in the first person. I is eye. Speak any other way and you risk becoming color-blind.
- Magic can trick you and is black for a reason. You can never mind-read or assume what another person is thinking or feeling. Scratch the tempting hallucinatory practice.
- People create argument and fights. Arguments and fights don’t just happen. Relationships can be packaged and experienced without them. The choice of that occurrence is up to you.
- Make mad sad. Better to love feeling disappointment than anger. Frustration and sadness is depression turned in. Crying is okay. Flowers that welcome rain continue to grow.
- Curiosity is a positive asset. Curiosity also kills a cat. A cat has nine lives. You have one.
- Laugh some more. Do one crazy thing each day. And laugh again.
- Every rain cloud offers a silver lining. Believe in umbrellas. One will always find you.
- You have no one in life to trust but yourself. You are therefore never vulnerable to the world.
- At the end of the day, you alone are your own family. Make your relationship to it a happy and mindful one.
- Winter hibernates to prepare for spring. The sap is never sleeping. Slow moments are good for you. Time and space do not judge.
- “Stop!” is a wise and helpful philosophy. Resistance is not.
- Let go means Let go. Mind and heart are one. Watch a tree. Don’t study the tree. Look at it.
- Everything you need to know you do learn in kindergarten. Sharing. Cookies with juice. Playing with blocks. Stacking blocks. Cleaning up. Nap time. Listening to stories. Holding hands. A wise adult is one who lives kindergarten each day.
- Unconditional love is a conditional state of expression. Your family pet even knows this. Still, like your pet, love, give, and receive life without conditions.
- The world will not always be kind. Strive to be the kind of person who stays kind anyway. Kindness is always worth it.
- We all have differences. Every difference is beautiful. Be proud you can be-one-of-a-kind.
- Even the most practiced and disciplined person is a beginner somewhere. Stay fresh. Happiness is knowing how to be a humble long time beginner.
- Be gentle. It matters. Even the greatest ocean always maintains a calm center at its core deep to survive.
- Extend grace. Grace extended to yourself, to the great nature out there, to others, is among the most beautiful things.
- Enjoy your joys. Life is perspiration, aspiration, inspiration and communication. Have faith. Your groundwork does not show until one day!
- We are all in this together. For everything under the sun. So do your part. Show up sweetly. Love well.
- Your immediate present is always where you will find the most love. There’s the gift. Live calmly in this mysterious wonder. You just may fascinate yourself!
Photography by Marina Mashaal